She's Overseas

Adventures and anecdotes from the United Kingdom.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Bath, pt. II


Before the organ concert, Caroline and I ate lunch in a botanical garden called Parade Park. I can't think of a more beautiful park in all of the world. Many people were out, lounging in the chairs on the lawn or eating their lunches or admiring the river that flowed past or the gorgeous flowers. It was perfect.



After lunch we walked up the hill to "the Crescent," a row of 30 homes surrounding an enormous green park. It was lovely. Then we visited the Costume Museum where we walked through Assembly rooms where social events were held and saw ancient costume dating back hundreds of years. We even tried on corsets!

And now, for what you've all been waiting for: the Roman Baths!

So, we reluctantly paid about 8 pounds to get in, but I suppose it was worth it. I would have regretted not seeing the baths if we hadn't sucked it up and paid. It's amazing that something built so long ago could still stand today. The bubbling bath was really neat, though it was hard to imagine the baths as the Romans experienced them with so many tourists around, including an entire school of rowdy Italians. Most of the exhibit was spent inside a building, listening to a recordings about the baths and viewing artifacts they've recovered. It got tiring. Nevertheless, I'm glad we went. Though I did hear that the bath water tastes terrible. Like warm pool water. I didn't pay the 50p to have a sip.

So, the website is suddenly acting up. I really want to post more pictures of Parade Park (where we ate lunch), but it won't let me at the moment. I will try later.

Miss you and love you all!

3 Comments:

Blogger Danny said...

my bath water is just as murky upon leaving the tub.

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was there today!

-Will

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was there today!

-Will

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home