She's Overseas

Adventures and anecdotes from the United Kingdom.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Baggage-- symbolic or just a pain in the neck?

I've begun packing for England, and I have to admit that I'm having an odd sort of emotional reaction. Instead of folding sweaters and deciding (reluctantly) which shoes to stuff into the bottom of my suitcase and which to leave behind in the closet, I've just finished creating a sappy playlist for my Danny on iTunes. I'm hoping he'll listen to it while I'm away, think of me and cry hysterically.

I heard a great lyric on 88.5 WXPN today. It was from a new song by The Long Winters, and it said something like, "You've weighed down your suitcase, but it still won't sink." I don't know why, but it stuck with me.

I'm off to sort travel sized toiletries and ponder the size of my carry-on luggage. Cheers!

2 Comments:

Blogger Danny said...

the long winters are sooo hot right now. they're playing sept 29 at the world cafe with what made milwaukee famous. wanna go?

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honey,

I know you'll enjoy every minute of your adventures abroad. Take it all in and swim in the experience. We all miss you here at home. We're looking forward to visiting in October.

Love,
Mom

6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home